Dallam County Judge
• The Basics: 54 years old. Married, five children. Dalhart native. Dalhart HS/Texas Tech alum. In third year as county judge. In first year as appointee by Gov. Greg Abbott to Texas Juvenile Justice Department Board of Directors. Also spent 18 years as Dallam County treasurer and four years on Dalhart ISD Board of Trustees.
• Basic Job Responsibilities: “I serve as the presiding officer and a voting member of the commissioners court. I serve as the chief budget officer, and in that role I help oversee county departments. I also preside over Class A and B misdemeanor criminal court, probate court, civil court and serve as the juvenile court judge for Dallam County.”
• Favorite And Least Favorite Parts of the Job: “My favorite part of the job is the diversity. Each day brings unique problems and situations. I have yet to have two days alike in office. I truly do enjoy all aspects of my job. I don’t really have a least favorite, but will say the most challenging part is dealing with repeat offenders.”
• Hobbies/spare time: “I play guitar, coach my kids in little league basketball and serve on my church stewardship committee. I also enjoy road trips with my family.”
• Guilty pleasure: “In the past year I discovered and binge-watched ‘The Blacklist.’”
- Dave Henry