The Amarillo Police Department arrested 10 people on charges of driving under the influence from Dec. 29 through Monday, one more than during last year’s New Year’s holiday weekend, according to a department news release.
There were no major accidents resulting in death or life-threatening injuries inside the city over the holiday weekend, APD said, though one driver was arrested passed out behind the wheel at a signal light, and another driver ran off the roadway into a tree.
The arrests were reported at:
- Amarillo Boulevard and Martin Road
- The 7400 block Mosley Street
- Olsen Boulevard and South Western Street
- Southeast Seventh Avenue and South Taylor Street
- Southwest 34th Avenue and Eddy Street
- South Western Street and Winchester Road
- South Georgia Street and Wolflin Avenue
- Republic Avenue and South Virginia Street
- Bushland Boulevard and South Western Street
- 1900 S. Washington St.
The DUI suspects came to the officers’ attention thorough violations including speeding, swerving into a lane without signaling and driving the wrong way on a one-way street, according to APD.